The Old Town was the first settlement of the city of Prague, approximately in the ninth century. This area located on the right bank of the Vltava river, still holds medieval features. Stands out in the Old Town Square the towers 80 meters high from the Church of Our Lady of Tyn.
It was the first bridge to cross the Vltava River uniting Malá Strana to the Old City. Is the oldest bridge in Prague. Its construction, started by the real architect Peter Parlerin in 1357 following the approval of King Charles IV and finished in the early fifteenth century.
After crossing the Charles Bridge we arrived at the Malá Strana, the Lesser Town, one of the oldest historical districts of Prague. It is located between the castle area and the left bank of the river Vltava.
Stands out the old Jewish cemetery and synagogues. The place is very important in the history of Prague. The settlements arose during the tenth century, and since then the Jews were raising their homes and businesses.
It is, despite the series of fires and invasions, one of the most striking, sumptuous and famous relics of great historical, cultural and social capital of the Czech Republic. Founded in the ninth century, was the residence of the kings of Bohemia.
>Vyšehrad and the surrounding area became part of Prague in 1883. The fortress was built in the tenth century on a hill over the Vltava River. In the new town highlights the Wenceslas Square, the Statni Opera or the National Museum.